Craig Hancox, General Manager and Simon Hellier, Executive Head Chef at the ICC Birmingham will be part of the esteemed judging panel
The Young Chef Young Waiter England and Young Mixologist England finals is taking place on the 4th July, where Craig Hancox, General Manager and Simon Hellier, Executive Head Chef at the ICC Birmingham will be part of the esteemed judging panel.
Since being established in 1979, Young Chef Young Waiter has become a firm fixture on the UK hospitality industry calendar, with groups of talented young chefs and waiters competing each year to be named the UK’s Young Chef or Young Waiter winner. This year, the competition extends its remit into mixology for the first time, with the Young Mixologist of the Year mantel also up for grabs.
YCYW England is open to all chefs, waiters, and mixologists working in England who are under 28 years old, from any background. The live final will be held at the University College of Birmingham on the 4th July, and the awards will take place at the International Convention Centre (ICC) Birmingham, from Monday, 3, to Wednesday, 5 July.
Young Chef Young Waiter is proudly supported by Amadeus, who are providing all of the food and beverage supplies for the competition.
Craig Hancox and Simon Hellier will be part of the judging panel on the 4th July in the Chef and Waiter categories.
Young Chef Young Waiter England 2023 chef judges:
• Head Chef Judge, Adam Handling, Adam Handling Restaurant Group
• Mario Perera, Executive Chef, The Dorchester
• Michael Kwan, Executive Pastry Chef, The Dorchester
• Simon Hillier, Executive Head Chef for Amadeus at The ICC
• Guest judge, Richard Henderson, YCYW Chef Winner 2019
Young Chef Young Waiter England 2023 waiter judges:
• Head Waiter Judge, Simon King, Founder, Igniting Hospitality
• Andy Downton, Owner, Burnt Chocolate Consultancy
• Johanna Wimmer, Head of People, The Ivy Collection
• George Hersey, Asst. Group General Manager, Adam Handling Restaurant Group
• Craig Hancox, General Manager for Amadeus at The ICC Birmingham
Young Chef Young Waiter England 2023 mixologist judges:
• Anna Sebastian, Anna Sebastian Hospitality Consultancy
• Xavier Landais, Director of Bars, Caprice Holdings
• Tyler Zielinski, Drinks Journalist, Punch, Food & Wine and Evening Standard Reveller
• Yann Bouvignies, Head of Mixology, Rosewood London
We look forward to watching all of the chefs, mixologists and waiters compete for a chance to make the global finals.