Animal welfare is high on Amadeus’ agenda and it’s why we’re pleased signed up to the European Chicken Commitment.
This means that all chicken in our supply chain will meet the below standards by 2026.
- Continued compliance with all EU animal welfare laws and regulations, regardless of the country of production
- Implement a maximum stocking density of 30kg/m2 or less
- Thinning is discouraged and if practiced must be limited to one thin per flock
- Adopt breeds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes
- Meet improved environmental standards such as natural light, more space and increased air quality
- Adopt controlled atmospheric stunning using multi-phase systems or effective electrical stunning without live inversion
- Demonstrate compliance standards via third-party auditing and annual public reporting on progress towards this commitment
Amadeus is committed to putting animal welfare first, meaning the highest quality food for our customers and clients alike.
Vicky Bond, Managing Director of The Humane League UK, said: “We are thrilled to see an innovative event and venue caterer like Amadeus taking the welfare of chickens seriously by adopting the European Chicken Commitment and including this in their new animal welfare policy. The Humane League UK commend Amadeus for this positive step and are pleased to have worked with them to make this happen.”
Read more about the European Chicken Commitment.